Add a social sign in option/Link an Authentication Service
Sign in Options
When creating your account, you are presented with multiple authentication options. However, only one of these choices is used and applied to your account initially. If you wish to add or link additional services to your account, you can follow the steps here to connect other services as authentication options. You can then choose from multiple options when signing in and always end up in the same account.
IMPORTANT: For this process to work, the email on each service and account must match exactly. This includes any special characters such as dots, plus signs, and extra content that some email providers ignore. Our system considers each of these to be unique addresses and these steps will NOT work if the email is not an exact match.
We also recommend using Google Chrome while going through the linking process as there can be issues when using FireFox's incognito mode.
This section will be a simple list of steps to take for this process. These will be brief but cover the essential information needed to link authentication methods.
Go to the Linux Academy home page and click Log In.
1. Enter in the new sign on method that you would like to link to your account:
- Click the appropriate button if using one of the linked services.
2. The matching email will be detected and you will be prompted to link your account. Click Continue on this page.
3. You will then be prompted to authenticate with your primary authentication method (the one used to create your account).
4. You may also be asked to allow access for managing your user's identities. If so, click the green checkmark button to allow access.
5. Once you authenticate, the new authentication method links to your account.
If you happen to forget or miss a step, no need to worry, our login page will also provide you with a numbered list covering these instructions as well. If you arrive at this screen, just click the 'Link To Another Account' button to proceed.