How to Create Learning Paths and Custom Curriculum
Creating a Learning Path
- On the left-hand navigation bar, click on Learning Paths. You will be taken to the Learning Paths page.
- Choose New Learning Path. You have the option of building your own Learning Path or creating one from an existing Learning Path.
Building Your Own Learning Path:
- To begin creating your learning path, add some basic information by including the name, description, and categories of content. Then choose a category of courses to drill down into a specific course. You can choose multiple categories. Click Next Step.
- On the next page, you will select your assets. You can add the whole course by clicking the box to the right of the course. Or, you can choose different lessons, Challenges, or Learning Activities by clicking the down arrow next to the course name. When you have chosen all of your assets, click the Next Step button in the lower-right corner of the page.
- This page is where you can make Due Date Assignments by typing in the number of days after the assignment that the Learning Path is due. You can also choose who you want to assign the Learning Path:
- If you are an Organizational Administrator, you can choose to assign the Learning Path to the entire organization.
- Or, you can choose to assign the Learning Path to an individual by typing their name and clicking the Assign button. Another option is to assign a Learning Path to a Team.
Update / Modify a Custom Learning Path:
- Click on Learning Path on the left-hand navigation bar.
- Scroll down to find the Learning Path you wish to modify.
- Click on the edit icon next to the Learning Path. The first screen is the Learning Path Overview. You can make changes to this page and then click on Learning Path Items to make more detailed changes to the content of the Learning Path.
- When you are finished adding/removing/changing content, click on the Save button in the lower right-hand corner of the page.
Inserting Sections into a Learning Path
By popular demand, we have created the ability for admins to drill down and make specific topics available to their users, rather than assign specific courses. This will allow you to create with precision the consumable content that your team needs while effectively and efficiently managing the amount of time they need to spend learning. You can create as many custom Learning Paths as needed!
To begin creating a custom Learning Path, you will navigate to the Learning Paths tab under the Team Manager Control Panel and select “Create a Learning Path”.
From this screen, you can now add full courses, zoom in on sections of courses you want your team to focus on, add quizzes, and also add hands-on labs.
Using the three lines to the left, you can drag and drop to rearrange the order if needed. Also, if you added something in error, you can remove it from the Learning Path by highlighting over and clicking the trashcan. When done, just click Save Learning Path.
Next, you will have the option to assign your Learning Path to individual members or to your teams. More than one team can be assigned to the same Learning Path. The Edit link will allow you to set a due date when it must be completed by as well as open the visibility of the Learning Path to your organization. By default, it will only be visible to the members/teams it is assigned to. Under Edit, you can also make changes to the Learning Path if needed. Be sure to scroll down and hit save!
You can now run reports to check progress or view progress under Overview to see how your team is doing.