How do I add an existing Linux Academy student to my team?
When adding a current Linux Academy student to your organization, all of that student's information will transfer to their new organization membership, including all of their prior experience. They will also receive a refund for their membership, if applicable.
There are currently two ways to add an already existing student to your organization:
Add a Student Using the Organization Join Link
To add a student using the Organization Join Link:
- Log in to your administrator account and select the Manage Team button on the home page.
- Under the Administration dropdown, click Manage Invitations.
- On the Manage Invitations dashboard, select the link shown under Organization Join Link. It will automatically copy to your clipboard.
- Send the link to the student you wish to add to your organization.
- Once they select the link and choose to join, you will receive an email alerting you of their request.
- Return to the Manage Invitations dashboard page, either with the link provided by the email or using steps 1 and 2 above.
- Under the Requests to Join section, find the student you wish to make into a member of your organization, and select Accept next to their name.
To double check that the student has successfully become a member, go to the Accept Invitations section and search for their name.
Add a Student Manually
To add a student manually:
- Log in to your administrator account and select the Manage Team button on the home page
- Inside the business dashboard Administration dropdown, select Manage Invitations.
- On the Manage Invitations dashboard, select the Invite Members button.
- In the Email field, enter the student's email that is connected to their Linux Academy account.
- To invite multiple users, put a comma after each email address.
- After the invitation has been sent, each user will appear in the Pending Invitations section on the Manage Invitations page.
- Once the user has accepted the request to join, they will appear in the Accepted Invitations on the Manage Invitations page. They are all setup to learn on Linux Academy!
If for some reason you run into an issue adding your student, email your Customer Success Manager or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Customer Success Manager's email address and we get them added to your team account for you!
For more information over the Student role, review the following FAQs: