How To: SSH into an Amazon EC2 Instance using an Instant Terminal
If you want to use an instant terminal to SSH into an ec2, here are the steps to do so.
- Click on the playground button at the top of your screen in the blue navigation bar.
- Then, click on the tab labeled Instant Terminals
- Click on Open SSH
- Run the command `add_key`
- Open the keypair you downloaded directly from AWS inside a text editor. Do not use `putty` or `puttygen` if you're on a Windows computer.
- Copy the entire file's text and paste them above the line in the instant terminal
- Press the ESC key on your keyboard, then type :wq
- Now attempt to SSH to your ec2 using the command: ssh -i "keypairtest.pem" firstname.lastname@example.org
- Keep in mind your keypair name and IP will be different. Ignore the message about failing to load the keyfile.
You should now be connected to your EC2! If you have any other questions or concerns please reach out to support by emailing email@example.com.