Why do I see a $1 charge?
The $1 charge you are seeing is a verification charge made by our system. Once we receive a response that the payment method on file is valid, the system will then void the $1 charge so that it does not fully process to the payment method on file. If you are entering a trial period, as soon as this has ended, the payment method on file is then charged for the subscription amount.
- Appears on all new cards.
- Appears when updating a card.
- Is immediately voided after the transaction verification.
- Does not remove any money from the account.
- May show as pending on your account for 1-3 days while processing.
If the charge does not disappear within 3 days, contact Linux Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.