How to Create a Group
Groups are convenient ways to split up your student members and assign them training specific to their group's needs.
Say you are the Administrator or Group Administrator for your engineering team. You have created a new learning path that you want everyone on the engineering team to take. By creating an engineering group, and placing all of those members into that group, you can deploy the learning path to everyone at once, saving you time. You can also review all of their progress in one place.
To create a group, do the following:
- From the Linux Academy for Business platform's main Dashboard, select Groups from the sidebar.
- On the Manage Groups dashboard, select the Add New Group button.
- In the Add New Group window, enter the group name.
- (Optional) Type in the name of the member you wish to add as the Group Administrator.
- The user creating the group will default to be a Group Admin + Student. If this role is not necessary, remove the role by clicking on the red button to the right and then remove yourself from the group.
- Select Create Group.
Once you've created your group, you will be able to search for it with the search back on the top right of the page.
For more related topics, review the following FAQs: