How do I sign up for a Free Community Edition Membership?
Linux Academy provides a completely free, no payment method required, subscription that gives you access to a limited set of features and courses. This free content is changed every month as we review the needs of our students and our ever-growing library of courses. To see exactly what's available today, please go to the following FAQ article:
If you would like to join us with a completely free Community Edition Membership, please follow these steps.
1. Navigate to https://linuxacademy.com/join/community
2. Fill out the form to the right. The company field is optional, but all other fields are required
4. Check the box for "I'm not a robot" and then follow the prompts for the CAPTCHA.
5. Click Join Now
6. At the new screen, click on Let's Get Started!
7. Sign into your new account by entering either your email address or username as well as the password you created in step 2
8. That's it!
You now have completely free access to the courses and features that we have designated for community members.
Note: The Community Edition plan, while free, still comes with a recurring monthly billing period. Upgrading from the free plan to a paid plan, would not come with a 7-day trial period, and instead would be charged based on the plan that you are upgrading to. If you have questions regarding an upgrade charge, please review the following FAQ article:
If you have any additional questions or need any further assistance please email email@example.com